The Prince Albert (Glass Field) Airport (IATA: YPA, ICAO: CYPA) is located 1 nautical mile (1.9 km; 1.2mi) northeast of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan Canada. The airport was originally opened near Prince Albert on 22 July 1940 under the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan as No. 6 Elementary Flying Training School, with a Relief Landing Field located near Hagan. The school closed on 15 November 1944. From March 1941 to 11 November 1942, the station double as No. 6 Air Observer School. The airport was then operated by the Transport Canada until March 1996 when it was transferred to the City of Prince Albert.
All that remains of the former No. 6 EFTS are one World War II era hangar (now Transwest) and one parachute packing building. A monument was erected to pay tribute tot he 17 airmen and one civilian who died in training accidents at the school.
The airport is now named for Floyd Glass who learned to fly in the 1930s and then served as a military flying training instructor during the Second World War. Postwar, he was the first general manger of the provincial Crown corporation Saskatchewan Government Airways. He resigned from this post, flew briefly with British Columbia's Queen Charlotte Airways then returned to Saskatchewan and in 1955 formed his own firm, Athabaska Airways which still exists under the name Transwest Air. Glass died in 2000. The ownership and operation of the Prince Albert (Glass Field) Airport was transferred from Transport Canada to the City of Prince Albert in April of 1995.